057: Build a Successful Business Online – Best Tips from the ExpertsSeptember 24, 2018
059: Legal Shield – Take Control of Your Access to Justice w/ Linda Walton-RobinsonOctober 6, 2018
Your Startup is your baby! It’s hurts to find out that the customers you’re targeting don’t really feel it the way you hoped they would. My guest, Daniel Abaraoha shares his experience reading market signals in the ethical apparel niche and explaining how he planned his pivot.
Voices of Black Business Show Notes
**Click any timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Voices of Black Business: How to identify if your startup needs to pivot.
Daniel’s #1 Piece of Advice: Hold Black Businesses Accountable. We are just as much a part of the economy as every other business. We need your feedback…we need your help to continue to get better and stronger.
- [03:10] Interview begins.
- [06:45] Daniel’s first signal to take a step back and regroup. Casa Libre shuts down.
- [08:30] Vita’s clarified mission and market position
- [12:00] Daniel’s plan to pivot Vita Shoes to speak directly to his target consumers.
- [13:20] Doing market research; connecting with retail store fashion buyers
- [16:30] Reading the market signals and planning the pivot.
- [22:30] To pivot, you have to keep one foot planted. Your startup can shift direction without completely abandoning its original
- [30:30] The challenge of getting your target customers excited and engaged with your brand.
- [36:00] La Vita e Bella Drive 2018 – Campaign for Hope
- [45:30] Daniel’s favorite tool is Boomerang…a Gmail scheduling plugin
Buy Black Podcast Exclusive Black Business Resources!
- How to Register a New Business in Your State
- Black Business Directories…Directory!
- 200+ Business Building Resource Websites Link Library
- Productivity Apps for Entrepreneurs
Join the Voices of Black Business
Subscribe: Apple | Google | Spotify | Stitcher | iHeart