054: 10 Best Practices to Quickly Overcome Writer’s BlockSeptember 2, 2018
056: Create Passive Income and Take Back Your Time w/ Terry Washington Jr.September 14, 2018
So you want to run your own business? Great! Don’t let fear keep you from getting started. In fact, you should get comfortable being UN-comfortable! In this episode, learn the five critical behaviors used by successful business leaders to stand out in the marketplace.
Get yours Questions & Answered in our monthly Q&A episode. Send yours to: email@example.com
- Mike D’s BBQ – My good friend, Mike De Los Santos makes some of The World’s Best Barbeque Sauce! Don’t just take my word for it. Check out the growing list of awards Mike’s sauces and rubs are racking up!
- Get your Labor Day grill on point with The Best BBQ Sauce in North Carolina, 2017!
- Visit https://buyblackpodcast.com/bbq to Make Your Order Now!
- Use the code BUYBLACK to get FREE SHIPPING and an EXCLUSIVE GIFT with your purchase!
- Throw Some D’s On It!
- Show your support for Buy Black Podcast!
- Become a Patron and gain Exclusive Access to behind-the-scenes and original content!
- PLUS get a shoutout on our new monthly Ask the Experts Q&A Episode!
Voices of Black Business Show Notes
**Click any timestamp to jump directly to that point in the episode.
Today’s Voice of Black Business: Five Critical Behaviors of Successful Business Leaders w/ Chevan Baker
Chevan’s #1 Piece of Advice: Don’t second guess yourself! You can accomplish anything!
- [03:10] Interview begins
- [04:00] The Tech Blog & The Senior Project
- [13:30] The Value of Evergreen Content
- [21:50] Back from Break
Five Critical Behaviors of Successful Business Leaders
- [22:10] Build genuine relationships and strong networks
- Always carry business cards and give them out generously
- Work on your elevator pitch…always be ready to talk about your business
- Shoot your shot!
- Always be open and receptive to the moment – go where the people are
- Be genuinely curious
- Don’t be afraid of the challenge
- Be a real leader – to control your path you must make the key decisions
- [31:40] Control the path you walk. Take ownership of your destiny
- Look at yourself as a CEO
- Present yourself on purpose…all the time. Even down to the way you answer your phone
- The only failed opportunity is a missed opportunity. Be prepared for the moment and step into it
- [35:40] Take advantage of every opportunity that is presented to you
- [47:10] The Cold Shower Theory
- [40:50] Get Comfortable Being UN-Comfortable
- We are biased toward our own ideas
- People will also tell you what you want to hear…don’t believe them
- Pay attention to the data
- Pay attention to what customers actually DO when they visit your site or walk through your door
- Use https://trends.google.com to see what people are searching for…
- [55:10] Google Trends Search Term Analysis Use Case Example
- [48:30] Watch and Listen to Your Audience – Really Listen to Learn What They Want
Connect with Chevan
Buy Black Podcast Exclusive Black Business Resources!
- How to Register a New Business in Your State
- Black Business Directories…Directory!
- 200+ Business Building Resource Websites Link Library
- Productivity Apps for Entrepreneurs
Join the Voices of Black Business