Building a High Performance Team Starts with Great Leadership
This week, we’re taking a time out to talk about team building and leadership. Be a better leader, a more effective manager, and build your high performance team by following the steps laid out in this episode.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses as a Leader & Manager
- Have a vision
- Articulate that vision
- Inspire people to accomplish goals
- Ensure task accomplishment
- Track productivity
- Report progress toward milestones and goals
- Both functions are important
- Each of us is better at one versus the other
- Assess your skills honestly
- Identify your team members’ strengths
- Don’t try to identify their weaknesses
- Weaknesses are revealed over time, be patient
- Listen & Learn about your team members
- Who are they?
- What do they love?
- What do they do when they’re not working?
- What do they want to do with their careers?
- What skills/experience do they need to get there?
- What are their Intrinsic Motivators?
- Recruit your #2: Preferably someone who excels at your weaknesses
- Communicate your vision, Set the Compass, and Go
- Empower, Mentor, Delegate, Support
- Be their Umbrella & their Champion
Want to learn more about team building and servant leadership?
Call or Email Me to set up a free Leadership Coaching consult.
Download the Buy Black Podcast App
Join the Buy Black Podcast Community Facebook Group
Follow me on Twitter…