About BuyBlack Podcast
Thanks for visiting!
If you’re a fan of the show, you probably already know why we’re here. If not, let me get you up to speed.
My name is Gerald Jones. I'm the voice behind BuyBlack Podcast, and this project is the opening drive toward accomplishing my life's mission.
In the summer of 2016 I had just graduated with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration from Nebraska Wesleyan University. I had been very successful in my consulting job over the previous six years, but I was hungry to learn about entrepreneurship and start a business of my own. The initial plan was to lean on my expertise in training and performance to start a small consulting firm, but on July 5th, 2016 it became clear that my mission was meant to be much larger than that.
The murders of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile affected me more deeply than any previous similar events. In their wake, I knew that whatever project I developed needed to have the goal of contributing to long-term positive change for the Black Community. It took nine months of trial and error before the BuyBlack Podcast idea materialized, but today the mission is clear. Together, you and I will use this platform to reshape our Community, this nation, and the world. Let's Get Started!
If you've listened to the show, you know how important I believe it is to define your Mission, articulate your Vision, and abide by a set of written Core Values in order to achieve success in anything. So, here they are for BuyBlack Podcast. If you ever wonder why this project exists, what it's here to accomplish, or if you want to help somebody else "Get It", you can always return to this page for the answers.
Make it easy for Black Business Owners and consumers to find each other, connect, and do business together.
- Listen to Real Entrepreneurs Promote Their Companies On the Show
- Get Valuable Information, Tips, and Resources from Our Guests
- Find Businesses in Your Industry or Area in Our Online Directory
- Link Directly to Any Other Known Black Business Resource Site from BuyBlackPodcast.com
- This site will deliver everything you need to get connected, stay connected, and build within the Black Economic Community.
BuyBlackPodcast.com is 'First In Mind' when you need to find products, services, or resources.
- Direct your dollars to Black Businesses by searching here first
- Know a business that isn’t listed, but should be? Easily send us a tip, and we’ll invite the owner to join our community
- Didn’t find what you need? Link directly to any other Black Business Directory from our Resources list
- Speaking of Resources, our list is more than other business directories. Find Black-Owned sources for:
- Education & Training
- Advocacy Associations
- Online Markets and more...
- You can Search, Sort, or Filter our list to find the EXACT resource to meet your needs!
- You can even SHARE our entire resource list directly on your own website with one click!
The heart of every person, organization, or movement; Core Values keep us ethically grounded. Our Core Values are:
- Community First – Every decision we make at BuyBlack Podcast must be in the best interests of our Established Business Owners, Aspiring Entrepreneurs, and Conscious Consumer Family
- Think Differently, Act Decisively – There is nothing new under the sun, but there is infinite opportunity to improve on the status quo...or change it completely. Do things that may have already been done...in ways no one has ever done them before, and do it Confidently!
- Build. Teach. Connect. – This is the spirit of BuyBlack Podcast. We, as a community, will use this platform to help other business owners, aspiring entrepreneurs, and all of us as consumers get more market exposure, gain access to better resources, and build valuable network connections that will drive our community toward a more Cohesive, Prosperous, and Proud future.
Bottom Line: Finding black-owned businesses, building networks, and accessing resources has been complicated and frustrating for way too long.
Make It Easy.
- Youth Entrepreneur Mentoring Program
- Nebraska Black Chamber of Commerce Communications Committee